Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month is observed each May to recognize the contributions and influence of Asian Americans and Pacific Islander Americans to the history, culture and achievements of the United States.
In honor of this important celebration, discover the origins of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month and why we celebrate it, and read about this year’s theme, Advancing Leaders Through Opportunity. Also, learn how you can act as an ally by taking the time to understand the experiences of someone from another background.
Supporting Asian American and Pacific Islander Employees and Their Families
AECOM is committed to supporting the health and well-being of our Asian American and Pacific Islander employees and their families. If you are part of this community, see below for ways AECOM benefits and resources can help you thrive.
Build Your Social Support Network
- If you are Asian American or a Pacific Islander, consider joining the MOSAIC Asian Pacific Islander Community, one of AECOM’s employee resource groups.
- Help raise awareness and share your thoughts with the Global Well-Being Community.
- Share the monthly U.S. Benefits To-Dos e-newsletter and this benefits website with your family.
- Encourage your spouse/domestic partner to join our well-being programs (they can earn rewards too).
Improve Your Physical Health
- Find a medical provider that’s right for you.
- Get your annual health exam to screen for illnesses and diseases, so that you can catch them in their early stages.
- If you’re enrolled in an AECOM U.S. medical plan, use 2nd.MD for expert medical advice and second opinions and get free diabetes supplies and support from Livongo (if you are diagnosed with type 1 or 2 diabetes).
Mind Your Mental Health
- Receive free confidential counseling and work/life balance support through the GuidanceResources Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Use our eM Life benefit to build a mindfulness habit and learn to be more present in your daily life.
- Train your brain and improve your mental health in the same way you train your muscles, with Total Brain.
Power Up Your Finances
- Access tools and resources to help you improve your finances and save for important life events.
- Prepare for a financial emergency with this Financial Well-Being Checklist.
- Connect with a financial advisor for personalized help with your unique financial needs.
- Save on everyday expenses with Smart Spend and other discounts.
- Save and invest for your future with the Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) and the Retirement & Savings Plan (RSP) – 401(k).
- Reduce and manage your student loan debt and receive free college financial planning with Gradifi.
Boost Your Career
- Learn about tuition reimbursement and other education assistance opportunities.
Reduce Stress with Parental Resources
- Use Care.com to find caregivers and for subsidized backup care.
- Learn about AECOM’s Paid Parental Leave benefits.
- Access the fertility health care and family-forming benefit through Carrot Fertility (if you’re enrolled in an AECOM U.S. medical plan).
- Receive up to $5,000 in Adoption Assistance per eligible adoption.
Be Well in Every Way
- Embrace a healthy lifestyle by participating in the U.S. Well-Being program and the Global Well-Being program (and invite your spouse/domestic partner to participate as well).