These are the benefits you can elect and change only as a new hire, during Benefits Open Enrollment each year or after a qualifying life event.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Identity Theft Services
- Legal Plan
As a New Hire
When you are first hired by AECOM (or when you first become eligible for benefits), you have 31 days to make your benefit elections.
During Benefits Open Enrollment
You can update your benefit elections for the upcoming year during Benefits Open Enrollment, which is typically in November. The changes you make will be effective January 1 – December 31 of the following year.
After a Qualifying Life Event
You generally have 31 days to update your benefits after one of these events. Depending on the situation, you can add dependents, drop dependents, enroll in, change or cancel your coverage.
- Marriage or start of a domestic partnership
- Birth, legal adoption of a child or placement of a child with you for legal adoption
- Loss of other coverage
- Gain of other coverage
- A covered dependent child turns age 26
- Change in residence (within the U.S. and if your current coverage isn’t available in the new location or if you are offered an option that you were not previously offered)
- Divorce, legal separation or the end of a domestic partnership
- Death of your spouse, domestic partner or dependent child