- Remove your ex-spouse/domestic partner from your benefits (and make any other benefits updates) within 31 days of your divorce or domestic partnership end date. Log in and select the Need to Change Your Coverage? tile.
- Your ex-spouse/domestic partner may be eligible to receive continued coverage for up to 36 months under COBRA. After you remove them from your coverage, you’ll receive a COBRA enrollment packet from the AECOM Benefits Service Center. To see a preview of your COBRA options and costs, access the COBRA modeler available through your personalized benefits account. Log in, select the Life Changes tab and then select Continuing Coverage Through COBRA.
- If you receive a court-issued qualified order or notice*, you must send it to the AECOM Benefits Service Center through their online Qualified Order Center. If an original court certification is required, mail it to Qualified Order Center, Post Office Box 1433, Lincolnshire, IL 60069-1433. The AECOM Benefits Service Center will make a determination about how the order will be carried out within 15 business days of receipt and will communicate the determination in writing to all interested parties through U.S. postal mail.
- If your legal name, address, phone number and/or email has changed, update your personal information.
- Start or change your 401(k) contributions in the AECOM Retirement & Savings Plan (RSP).
- Start or change your contributions in the Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Update your beneficiary information.
- If you need resources to help you be well physically, financially and/or emotionally, please reach out to the GuidanceResources Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
*Including a Qualified Medical Child Support Order (QMSCO), Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO), National Medical Support Notice (NMSN) or National Support Notice RFI.