If your home address changes, the health plan options available to you — and their costs — might change as well. In certain places (e.g., Hawaii and Puerto Rico), a change to your work location may also require you to change your health insurance plan in accordance with local laws. If your current health plan is not available in your new ZIP code, your coverage will show as canceled until an election is made.
As a result, you must review your health care options and, if they have changed, make new elections to avoid a cancellation in your coverage. Follow the steps below to ensure continued coverage for you and your family.
- Update your address in your AECOM HR system (e.g., Workday) no later than 31 days from the date of your address change.
- If you move your residence and/or work location to a new ZIP code, you will receive a notification from the AECOM Benefits Service Center about how to review your new health plan options and how to update your elections if needed. The notification might arrive up to two weeks after you update your address in the HR system and will be sent from the Benefits Service Center to your preferred mailing option. You can also check your personalized benefits account (select the Life Changes menu at the top of the homepage) within 5 – 7 days of updating your address to see if your health care options and costs have changed.
- Make your new elections within 31 days of receiving the notification by logging in to your personalized benefits account (you will be prompted to select the Life Changes menu at the top of the homepage). If you don’t make new elections, your coverage may be canceled.
- If you have an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) account, call Bank of America Merrill at 877.637.4226 (or + 1 609.818.8894 outside the U.S.). Due to the nature of your ESPP account, AECOM cannot update personal information on your behalf.
- Update your beneficiary information to make sure your family is protected.