If your AECOM health care coverage is ending because you are no longer benefits-eligible as an employee or dependent, you may be able to continue your coverage through COBRA (the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act).
Under COBRA, you can continue your medical, dental and vision coverage under the plan in which you are currently enrolled. For example, if you are currently covered by the Cigna Bronze medical plan, you will be offered the Cigna Bronze medical plan when you elect COBRA coverage. Similarly, if you are not currently enrolled in AECOM medical coverage, you will not be offered COBRA medical coverage.
Modeling your cost for COBRA coverage
To see a preview of your COBRA options and associated costs, follow these steps:
- Log in to your personalized benefits account.
- Select the Life Changes tab.
- In the right-hand column, select Continuing Coverage Through COBRA.
- You will see key features of COBRA and more information about how it works. If you’d like more details about your options and costs, click the red Preview button.
- Enter the date when you expect to qualify for COBRA coverage and if you expect your address to change, and then select Continue.
- You will see a preview of the options that will be available to you on your COBRA start date.
- To see your cost for COBRA coverage, select the View/Change button next to each plan. The tool initially shows your annual COBRA cost. To see your monthly COBRA costs, click on the Your Monthly Cost tab. (If you elect COBRA, you will pay for coverage on a monthly basis.)
Enrolling for COBRA coverage
If you qualify for COBRA, you will receive a COBRA notification mailing at home within 2 – 3 weeks after your AECOM coverage ends as well as a COBRA notification in your personalized benefits account. Simply follow the link in that notification to enroll in your COBRA coverage.
When you make your elections, you can drop coverage for dependents, but you cannot add dependents to your COBRA coverage if they weren’t already covered on your plan. You may only add dependents to your coverage if you experience a qualifying life event (such as marriage or divorce).
If you have questions, call the Benefits Service Center, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Central Time, Monday – Friday, 844.779.9567 (U.S.) or +1 312.843.5091 (Outside U.S.).