- Stop contributing to your Health Savings Account (HSA). If you are eligible for Medicare coverage, you cannot contribute to an HSA — even if you aren’t enrolled in all parts of Medicare. However, you can continue to use your HSA balance to pay your eligible health care expenses. Log in and select the Need to Change Your Coverage? tile.
- Other than your HSA, you don’t need to do anything. There is no change to your AECOM benefits, and you do not need to sign up for Medicare.
- Learn how Medicare works and be ready to enroll when you retire.
- Medicare Part A provides coverage while you are in a hospital, skilled nursing facility or other medical institution. When you become eligible for Medicare, you automatically begin participating in Medicare Part A. There is no need to sign up. For coordination of benefits, your AECOM plan will be considered primary, and your Medicare Part A coverage will be secondary.
- Medicare Part B provides coverage for outpatient medical and preventive care. It is optional, and you don’t need to select it while you are still working and covered in an AECOM Medical plan. Once you retire, you have 8 months from the time your AECOM employee coverage ends to enroll in Medicare Part B without penalty. For coordination of benefits, your AECOM plan will be considered primary, and your Medicare Part B coverage will be secondary (if you choose to sign up for Part B).
- Medicare Part C provides prescription drug coverage. Once you retire, you have 63 days from the time your AECOM employee coverage ends to enroll in Medicare Part C without penalty.
- Update your beneficiary information.
Call the AECOM Benefits Service Center at 844.779.9567 (+ 1 312.843.5091 outside the U.S.) and select the prompt for the Advocacy Service.
Top Resource Picks for You
Receive important benefits news about discounts, deadlines and when to enroll. Text AECOMbenefits to 213.810.5006. You can opt out anytime by replying with the word STOP.