In honor of May being Mental Health Awareness Month in the U.S., we want to highlight the many ways AECOM benefits can help you and your family take care of your emotional well-being.
Resources to support you through the coronavirus pandemic
- Support for you and your family through the pandemic on our Resources for Working and Living Safer at Home page.
Global and U.S. well-being programs
- Visit our new Global Well-Being website, for resources and new opportunities to help you focus on your mental health through self-care, connecting with others, spreading kindness and gratitude, and cultivating community.
- The U.S. Wellness at AECOM program includes a variety of points-earning activities that can help you be well emotionally, including eMindful’s Stress Resiliency Program and Total Brain’s brain health assessment and training. Visit the Wellness at AECOM page (under My Progress scroll down to Total Brain and eMindful).
- Stress less, sleep better, be more resilient and boost your overall mental health with unique programs offered through our U.S. wellness partner, StayWell. Many allow you to earn wellness points as part of the U.S. Wellness at AECOM program.
Daylight and Sleepio digital programs
- Struggling with falling asleep or staying asleep? Get access to Sleepio here. This online program/app is now available at no cost to you.
- Dealing with worry and anxiety? Get access to Daylight here. This app is now available at no cost to you.
GuidanceResources Employee Assistance Program (ComPsych)
- You and your immediate family members can receive free and confidential counseling sessions by phone anytime, 24/7.
- These tools can help if you or someone you know is struggling with mental health issues:
- For additional EAP resources, log in to the GuidanceResources website (register with Organization Web ID: AECOM) and search for whatever specific topic you’re interested in.
- Coping During Uncertain Times (live and recorded): This webinar addresses ways of effectively coping with uncertainty in today’s media-saturated world and provides practical tips for remaining positive, re-establishing control and talking with your children about fear. See the Events calendar entry for May 20 for times and registration links.
- Reinventing Yourself (recorded): As a positive response to change, we have the choice of reinventing ourselves. This webinar can help you get started with self-reflection, planning and self-improvement techniques. Watch now.
- Watch a 7 ½ minute breathing meditation video. (You’ll need to log in to your eMindful account. If you haven’t set up your account yet, register now.)
- Listen to a one-minute guide to mindfulness recording. (You’ll need to log in to your eMindful account. If you haven’t set up your account yet, register now.)
- Read these great articles from eMindful.
- Preventing senior caregiver burnout: what to watch for and how to cope
- Realistic strategies for self-care
- Self-care tips for Alzheimer’s caregivers
- How to care for ourselves too
Manager’s Guide to Mental Well-Being
- Learn how to help your staff recognize any mental health related issues and help them find solutions in this guide for managers.