Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance help your family members maintain their standard of living if something happens to you. How much your family needs depends on your personal situation — other income sources, monthly expenses and short- and long-term debt such as credit card or mortgage expenses.
Our benefits partner for Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is The Hartford.
AECOM provides FREE basic coverage for employees. Basic coverage is automatic — you don’t need to elect it.
If you want additional coverage for yourself and your family, you can elect (or update your elections for) supplemental insurance as a new hire, during Benefits Open Enrollment or within 31 days of a qualifying life event.
Important things to know about the life and AD&D benefit:
- Basic life insurance is subject to imputed income.
- Supplemental life insurance rates increase as you get older. See the supplemental life and AD&D insurance rates.
- The benefit amount decreases at age 65 and age 70. The original amount of your basic and supplemental life and AD&D insurance benefit reduces by 35% when you turn age 65 and by 50% when you turn age 70.
This benefit also includes:
- Travel assistance and identity theft support
- Beneficiary assistance and support
- Estate guidance
- Funeral concierge services