We’ve pulled together the following information and resources to help you and your loved ones through the coronavirus outbreak. Please check back for updates and new resources as they become available.
If you have any symptoms of illness, please stay home and take care of yourself, and notify your manager.
Please note that the deadline for making changes to your Commuter Benefit order is the 10th of the previous month. For example, September 10 is the deadline for October. Log in to your personalized benefits account and select the Do you commute to work tile to get started.
Visit our new page, Resources for Working and Living Safer at Home.
Medical Plan Coverage
All of our medical plans provide coverage for coronavirus testing and treatment. In all the plans, including in the high-deductible health plan (HDHP) options (Bronze and Bronze Plus), testing is covered at no cost to you before the annual deductible, and treatment is covered based on your plan’s provisions.
If a coronavirus vaccination becomes available, it will be covered as preventive care which means there will be no cost to you for the vaccination.
Contact your carrier if you have questions about your coverage.
If you are on an international assignment, contact Cigna Envoy for coverage, assistance and resources specific to the International Health Plan.
Medical Plan Resources
- Prescription Drug Home Delivery — All of our medical plans include convenient home delivery for maintenance medications, typically at a lower cost than having prescriptions filled at a pharmacy. Contact your insurance carrier for details.
- Telemedicine — All of our medical plans include telemedicine, which lets you consult with a doctor without leaving your home.
- Best Doctors — Everyone enrolled in an AECOM medical plan has free access to Best Doctors for expert medical advice and second opinions from some of the country’s leading medical providers.
- Health Accounts – The money you have set aside in your Health Savings Account (HSA) or Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) can be used to help you manage costs associated with caring for the health of your family. Learn about updates due to the CARES Act.
Short-Term Disability (STD)
If you have symptoms or a confirmed case of coronavirus, file for STD with Cigna as soon as possible at mycigna.com or 855.710.1903.
- Cigna will provide a 14-day approval on STD claims with your verbal confirmation of symptoms and treatment.
- Cigna’s standard STD claim process includes fast-tracking of claims with known trends and outcomes. Coronavirus claims will be included to expedite claim decision and payment timeframes.
- If you are unable to provide medical documentation to extend your claim, Cigna will work with you to provide additional time based on your unique situation.
Certain states and local jurisdictions also offer paid sick leave for coronavirus-related illnesses. Please also check with local government agencies to see if they offer paid sick leave and follow their instructions online to apply for state disability benefits.
Employees with approved STD due to coronavirus infection will be paid 100% of their base pay during their elimination period. Typically, STD benefits are paid only after a one-week elimination period and at 66.67% of base pay. During the coronavirus outbreak, Management has decided that AECOM would pay employees their base pay before payment of STD benefits begins.
GuidanceResources Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Resources
- If you are experiencing anxiety or stress and need to talk to someone, please remember that our GuidanceResources Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is here to help. For a free and confidential counselling session by phone, call 866-501-7962.
- Watch a video on how the GuidanceResources Employee Assistance Program (EAP) can help you through stressful times. (Log in with Organizational Web ID and search Orientation Video.)
- See additional EAP resources and webinars on the Resources for Working and Living Safer at Home page.
If you are experiencing a reduction in hours due to the coronavirus pandemic, you may be eligible for state unemployment benefits. Learn more.
401(k) Loans/Withdrawals and Financial Resources
- Qualified individuals under the recent CARES Act can take a coronavirus-related distribution (CRD) from their 401(k) of as much as $100,000 (or up to 100% of the balance) without paying early withdrawal penalties. The taxes owed on CRD’s can be spread over three years, and there is an option for CRD’s to be put back in a qualified plan within three years.
- The act also increases the maximum loan from your 401(k) to $100,000 and has provisions for suspending existing loan payments for up to one year.
- Visit Merrill’s coronavirus and market volatility resources center for details, including restrictions that may apply. You can also call Merrill at 877.637.4226 for additional details.
- Find helpful financial and investing resources in Merrill’s Benefits Online Education Center.
- Read ComPsych’s Financial Resilience Guide.
Continued Access to Health and Group Benefits
For employees on standby leave due to a coronavirus work stoppage:
- AECOM will pay the full cost of your health insurance (medical, dental and vision) benefits while you are on standby leave, including your and AECOM’s contributions. Please note that you will not be able to change your health care coverage unless you have a qualifying life event.
- Your basic and optional life and AD&D insurance benefits will continue for 180 days following your last day worked. You must continue to pay premiums for optional life and AD&D insurance through a direct billing arrangement with the AECOM Benefits Service Center.
- Your short-term disability (STD) insurance will continue for 180 days following your last day worked.
- Your long-term disability (LTD) insurance will continue for 30 days following your last day worked, and you must continue to pay your portion of the premiums for LTD through a direct billing arrangement with the AECOM Benefits Service Center.
For more information about your continued access to life, AD&D and disability insurance benefits while on a temporary reduction in salary, standby leave due to coronavirus or disability leave due to coronavirus, please see the Enhanced Benefit Provisions FAQs.
Access Experienced Attorneys for Help During This Time
In response to the coronavirus situation, MetLife Legal Plans is offering free attorney document review and consultation services to all AECOM employees. You do not have to be currently enrolled in the legal plan to contact an attorney for help with issues related to this event.
You also have free access to MetLife Legal Plan’s self-help document library to complete wills, living wills and power of attorney documents.
Additional Benefits Resources
- See a list of benefits you can update/change at any time throughout the year.
- Find the latest news, travel advice and video interviews with subject matter experts through International SOS.
- See Care.com’s Coronavirus Tips for Families and Caregivers.
- See Care.com’s Coronavirus Tips for Seniors and Caregivers.
- See Care.com’s article on How to Talk to Your Kids about Coronavirus.
- See coronavirus FAQs for pet owners.
- Go to StayWell’s Coronavirus Resource page for helpful information about working remotely, exercising at home and ways to support your well-being.