You must enroll to have health care coverage next year.
November 4 – 22, 2019
Our benefits program gives you the flexibility to choose what’s best for you, based on your coverage needs, cost preferences, and what’s most important to you and your family.
It’s important to take a fresh look at your options every year and make new choices. Because so much can change in a year, including your health care needs, the plan you chose last year may no longer be the right plan for you. Costs change, new carriers and services are added, and providers move in and out of networks.
Just like last year, you must enroll to have medical, dental and vision coverage in 2020. If applicable, you also need to elect your Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) contributions. These current elections will not carry over to next year.
Your Enrollment Checklist
- To make your 2020 elections and see your costs for next year, log in to myAECOMbenefits.com November 4 – 22 and follow the prompts to enroll. Within the enrollment process, you can complete the Help Me Choose step, which matches you with the most compatible medical plan based on what’s most important to you — your cost preferences, your health care needs, your doctors and other providers, and your prescription drugs.
- Make sure your doctors and other health care providers are in-network even if you want to re-enroll with your current carrier. When you enroll online and complete the Help Me Choose step, you can see which networks they participate in. If you want to confirm network participation, see Tips for Finding Network Providers.
- To understand how your benefits are changing for 2020, see 7 things to consider when making your choices.
- For more details, refer to your Benefits Guide and Additional Resources on this page.
- If you have questions, call the Benefits Service Center, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Central Time, 844.779.9567 (U.S.) or +1 312.843.5091 (Outside U.S.).